Welcome back everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Here's what's happening this week: Please note that I will be recording Teams Live lessons for those that need to access at different times throughout the day.
1. Teams Live lesson at 9am (as soon as Coalbanks Announcements are finished I will open the meeting, you can access it by going into the Teams Calendar for the day):
- Here we will have 'news about the weekend'
- We will learn the song 5 little pumpkins Five Little Pumpkins, talk about feelings and how to show them with a jacko-lantern face.
- Students will need their large roll of orange, black and white construction paper. They will need a white crayon, scissors, glue and lots of patience! We will watch me create a demo on how to make our giant pumping craft and then students will be able to work at their pace.
2. Please access the Community Helpers Lesson that is posted on the Kindergarten Microsite for independent work time Kindergarten Microsite You should have the printouts needed in the package you picked up from the school on Friday :)
3. Story Time - Please head to the Kindergarten Microsite to read the book 'At the Old Haunted House' which can be found on the Microsite. At the Old Haunted House
4. Leaders 11-11:25!! If you are Diego, Rylan, Sootaa, and Cooper it's your leader day! We will have a call (if you're able to make it) at 11am where you can bring 1 item for show and tell for your friends! Check the calendar on our classroom blog to check when your leader day is! Leader Day Calendar
4. Teams Live lesson at 1:15pm -
- Students will need their Jolly Phonics letter cards, we will be learning /i/ and /ck/ by listening to the story and doing the action together.
Please see the post in Teams from Tuesday afternoon, on how to prep the 10 frame Pumpkin scavenger hunt.
1. Live lesson at 9am -
- Students will need their Jolly Phonics letter cards, we will be learning /e/ by listening to the story and doing the action together. We will be playing with letter sounds and building some basic words together.
2. Independent work time - See the Team Microsite blog for the Story Sequencing Pumpkin lesson: Kindergarten Team Microsite
3. Story Time - Please head to the Kindergarten Microsite to read the book 'A Creepy Pair of Underwear' which can be found on the Microsite. A Creepy Pair of Underwear
4. Leaders 11-11:25!! If you are Aderyn/Kai, Jazmin, Mara, Christopher, Aubrey it's your leader day! We will have a call (if you're able to make it) at 11am where you can bring 1 item for show and tell for your friends! Check the calendar on our classroom blog to check when your leader day is! Leader Day Calendar
5. Live lesson at 1:15pm - Students will need their white board, marker and eraser. We will be learning to print our numbers and getting instructions on how to do the fun scavenger hunt around their homes using the pumpkin 10 frames!
6. Check out this fun counting activity to practice your numbers! Halloween Counting with Mrs. Chinn uneditable
Friday - Students are welcome to dress up in a costume if they'd like! If they are not wanting to dress in a full costume, no problem!
We will have a super fun time playing Halloween Bingo! Have your cards ready with something to use as a counter to cover up the squares (playdoh, pieces of paper, jewels, rocks, shells etc). Please keep their halloween treat bags closed until we have some winners on Friday!
Have a great week and see you soon!