Here's what's happening this week!
1. Teams Live lesson at 9am (as soon as Coalbanks Announcements are finished I will open the meeting, you can access it by going into the Teams Calendar for the day):
- Here we will have 'news about the weekend'
- Students will need their paint bag (red/yellow) and a q-tip that was in their last supply pick up materials. We will be practicing our letters of F,E,D, and trying our names. Some parents find it helpful to have the bag taped with masking tape to the table or a hard surface.
- Students will need to have their blue drawing book handy as we will be doing a 'journal entry' with a picture of themselves.
2. Please access the lesson that was posted on the Kindergarten Microsite for independent work time Kindergarten Microsite As per the blog post from Sept 23rd students will need to some fruit loop cereal or an equivalent brand so use for their lessons this week! Note that this patterning lesson is extensive and can be done multiple times for practice. We will be using it for both Tuesday and Thursday's independent work time.
3. Story Time - Please head to the Kindergarten Microsite to read the book Rainbow Fish which can be found on the Microsite. Rainbow Fish
4. Teams Live lesson at 1:15pm - Students will need their sheet that has a back pack and dice on it. They will need some crayons to color with as we practice subitizing!
5. Please make sure to have your Mat Man pieces cut for next day's lesson.
1. Live lesson at 9am - Students will be learning about body awareness this week which will help in their drawings of people! For those that are unable to see our live lesson today, please see this link and they can build their Mat Man using their own pieces from their package. Students will need their Mat Man pieces, their Blue Drawing book, a pencil and an eraser! We will be doing a drawing in our books together while listening to the song.
2. Independent work time - See the Team Microsite blog for the lesson: Kindergarten Team Microsite
3. Story Time: Big and Small
4. Live lesson at 1:15pm - Students will learn the letter sound for /i/. Students will need their phonics cards and some crayons.
Friday: No Online kindergarten today.
**Parent item OPTIONAL pick up! ** For next week's lessons (Oct 5-9) students will need to have a turkey page printed. I have attached it in an email. If you are unable to print this turkey page out, please know that I will have them out in the bin for pick up between 9-11:30. If you have access to a printer at home, there is no supply pick up for you this week.
Looking ahead...please also note that there is no school for the week of Oct 12th-16th.
Have a great week and see you soon!