Here's what's happening this week!
Monday - A teams invite has been sent to your child's email address for our school wide Magic Show, by Steve Harmer. Click accept if you wish to join us and it will then be added into your child's calendar from 1:45-2:45.
1. Whole Group Live @9am - We will start with morning news. Students will need their Dino Journal and their dinosaur worksheet package. We will be talking about beginning sounds, continuing with labels and completing a "Label that Dino" sheet together. Students will glue it into their books. We will also be brainstorming some questions for a guest speaker this afternoon.
2. Independent work time: Students will be doing the "2D and 3D shapes" lesson found on the Kindergarten Website: https://home.lethsd.ab.ca/kindergarten/kindergarten-team-website
3. Live Lesson at 1:15pm - We will be hosting Miss. Marinanne today and she will be talking with use about her pet Gecko and dog. We will be learning to ask questions about how she cares for her pets. Students will need to know what type of dinosaur hatched from their egg so that they can do some research on their dinosaur between now and Thursday's classes.
1. Live lesson at 9am: We will create the 'D is for Dinosaur' sheet together and review printing. Then we will need an adults help to complete "My Dino Report". We will read a story together and start igniting our imagination for our next dino adventure this afternoon!
2. Independent Work Time: Students will be doing the "A Little Spot of Kindness" lesson found on the Kindergarten Website: https://home.lethsd.ab.ca/kindergarten/kindergarten-team-website
3. Live Lesson at 1:15pm - Students will need a paint brush, their paint ziplock package and their white folded triangle. I will be doing a short demo of how to create a 'diorama'. Student will watch and then do their own independent creation off Teams to prevent messes near technology!
1. Live lesson at 9am - Students will need white glue, construction paper, scissors and the remaining materials (sand, rocks etc) in their dino build ziplock bag. I will do a lesson to demonstrate how to create the rest of their 'dino world' . Students will complete the rest off "Teams" and have them completed for Tuesday next week. We will be sharing our dioramas in small groups next week on Tuesday PM, and Thursday AM and PM. This format will be similar to show and share.
Have a great week!