Build background for your child by discussing the following:
- What do you know about ducks?
- What do you know about crocodiles?
- Do you think a crocodile could live with a duck family? Why or why not?
- Is it ever ok to trick somebody?
Stop story at appropriate parts to ask questions or pose prompts:
- Does Guji Guji think he’s a duck? How do you know?
- Why do the crocodiles laugh at Guji Guji?
- The crocodiles explain to Guji Guji why crocodiles have long bodies, sharp claws,
and pointed teeth. Ask students to predict why this is so.
- Why is Guji Guji upset?
- Do you think he will do what the crocodiles ask?
- How are the crocodiles sharpening their teeth? Why are they doing this?
- Predict what Guji Guji might do.
- How did Guji Guji trick the crocodiles?
- What happened at the end of the story?