Clark The Shark
Before reading, ask:
- What do you think this book is going to be about?
- Who do you think Clark the Shark is? Is he nice?
Click the link below to listen to the story "Clark The Shark"
After listening, ask:
- What does Clark teach us?
- Why is it important to be considerate about other peoples’ feelings?
- Why are class rules (any rules) important?
- Have you ever gotten upset with a friend because of the way they were acting?
- Think about a time when you have been too loud or too wild for your classmates or family. What happened?
- “Clark loved his life!” Tell me some of the things that are “awesome”, “sweet” and “rock” in your life.
- Clark found life so exciting, but his best friend said, “You are making me crazy!”. Why do you think Clark’s friends stopped playing with him at recess, lunch and circle time?
- Think about a time when you may have been too loud, too wild or just too much for your family or classmates. What happened?
- Clark got a big idea in his head to help him “stay cool”. Do you think this was a good solution?
- Clark makes a rhyme to help him remember every time. Can you make up a rhyme to help you stay in control of your behavior?