Create an Obstacle Course!
An obstacle course is an excellent way for your child to think critically/creatively and develop fundamental locomotor skills and balance.
Here is a list of household items you could include:
- tables, chairs, couches, cushions, blankets
- tape, string
- pool noodles, jump ropes
- materials from your recycling
Here are some locomotor movements you may encourage your child to include:
Here are a few awesome obstacle courses made with household items. Watch these videos for inspiration!
Follow Up Questions:
- What was the most challenging part of your obstacle course?
- What was your favourite part of your obstacle course?
- Who do you think should try this obstacle course? Why?
- If you could make another obstacle course what would you do differently? What would you do the same?
Parents, please take a picture of video of your child's obstacle course and send it to your teacher through Teams or email.