Watch the field trip to a bakery!
Play-dough (fine motor)
Use play-dough to create your own cakes and cookies. Use your hands to roll, knead, and stretch your play-dough, Use small containers or plates from the kitchen to hold your creations.
If you would like to 'bake' your own play-dough check out this link:
Dramatic play bakery
Use paper and colouring utensils to draw and cut out ingredients such as flour, butter and eggs. Also draw and cut our cupcakes, cakes, or cookies.
Set up a pretend bakery in your house. Use stuffed animals or family members as your customers. Don't forget to bake your cakes before you can serve them. I wonder what you could use as your pretend oven?
Make your own cupcakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- Add butter and sugar; mix until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt
- Stir into butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of milk.
- Spoon into paper-lined or greased muffin cups.
6. Bake at 350ºF oven 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
- Add icing of your choice.
Stories about baking
Back to all posts