Time to get planting! Students will need bean seeds for this experiment. They can be purchased at a local grocery, hardware store or greenhouse.
1. Listen to the story "One Bean" By Anne Rockwell.
2. For your experiment you will need:
- Dampen paper towel with spray bottle.
- Place wet paper towel in Ziploc Bag.
- Place bean on top of wet paper towel.
- Close Ziploc Bag.
- Place Ziploc Bag in a warm, sunny spot.
- Add water to paper towel when it dries out.
- Observe your plant growing in 3-5 days!
3. You may want to set up a bean experiment in your home! Try placing them in different windows and one in a dark location. Make a prediction of which one will sprout first! Have fun!
Have a peek at this video to give you an idea on how to set it up.
Here's what happens after 4 days: